Tuesday, August 23, 2011

06/14/2011 - A Tuesday Tip and Challenge

Good morning! Your feedback has been so fun! Thanks for already starting to send in those recipes.

Today I want to offer a tip. Keep a piece of paper (post it, grocery list, index card, etc.) on your refrigerator that you can write down recipes you want to contribute as they simmer to mind when you are cooking dinner. I was cooking dinner last night and remembered a meal my neighbor introduced me to and jotted it down so I can remember to get the recipe from her and add it to the book. This way random recipes don't get put on the back burner (I know you are loving my cookbook talk).

I also want to give you a task. I want you to type up your 'rotation' meals. These are the meals that you come up with because you always have the ingredients on hand. The meals you desperately put together because God didn't convince someone to drop dinner at your doorstep at 4:30pm (I pray for that daily). The comfort-quick-everyone-in-your-house-eats-it meals. So think about what was for dinner last night, and what is for dinner tonight. If you can think farther back or forward than that- more power to you. (I can't remember what was for breakfast unless I look in the kitchen sink).

What I have learned is my basic 5 meals that find their way into my dinner rotation bi-weekly are completely new meals for someone else. Who among you has rice and beans with smoked sausage for dinner 5 times a month?

I guess the real question should be, who among you is married to a puerto rican?

Anyway, you get my point I hope. This is an easy assignment. Think what you make for dinner most frequently. You can probably type those up from memory and send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment